Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Wills And Wants

In our prayers every day we take to the Lord
Our troubles, our worries and wants.
This he accepts with compassion and love
For our Father’s shoulders are strong and broad.

Father dear Father I want a big home
The one I’m in now is only a shack.
I cant do your work till I look the part
Prosper me Father and make your love known.

Father dear Father I want a new job
My current jobs holding me back.
It’s urgent Lord my want is real
Can you not hear my sorrowful sobs.

Our short life on Earth is hard for sure
But who’s fault is that may I ask?
Because of the fall we struggle to live
Away from our God, perpetually pure.

We must learn that God’s plans and perfect will
Predestined from times beginning.
Is for the greater good of Heaven and Earth
So our worries in life should be still.

Next time you pray for your wants by the ton
Don’t hold God in your hand and demand.
But lay at his feet and pray like this:
“Father, let thy will be done”.


AUTHORS NOTE:
Don’t be disheartened if God does not grant you a Mercedes Benz and a lottery win. His perfect will for you and your house is far more valuable than any Earthly reward. I know just as well as anybody that when it comes to the crunch, it’s hard to consider God’s will. Although we have a gracious. loving Father who takes care of our needs, our wants may not always fit into his plan for our lives so lets not be insistent when asking him to improve our lives, but let him manage them according to his will.

No comments:

Post a Comment