Monday, June 21, 2010

Stolen One

My identity’s gone, I’m afraid and alone,
Surrounded by people who stare.
I cry my despair for loved ones I miss,
Who is there? Who is there?

My dreaming has left me, I’m in a strange land,
A child of my people. Stolen away.
The politics man say I’m better off now,
The world of the white fellas where I must stay.

You gave me to white folks to look after me,
And teach me the “civilized” ways.
But my spirit longs for the ways that are lost,
In the times of my ancestors days.

But the churchman, he say that God wants me here,
And he sprinkled some water on me.
But I just want to be in the place,
Where my heart can be truly free.

One day I will have my own little child,
A child of this land he’ll be.
He wont forget the face of his people,
And his heart will be truly free.


AUTHORS NOTE:
Just another one of Satan’s foul works on the Earth was the Australian “Stolen Generation”. Some years ago the political powers that be (with the approval and co-operation of major churchs and their leaders) decided that the Aboriginal people were incapable of bringing up their own children in a “healthy” and “wholesome” and “Godly” environment. The result of this stroke of genius was that Aboriginal kids were taken from the care of their Mothers and families to be placed under the care of “approved” white families and church run orphanages. To this day the stories of physical, emotional and sexual abuse are still coming to light as these now grown up “Stolen Ones” tell their tales of misery. I guess they weren’t better off after all! Although the current Government and indeed, the current generation of Australians had nothing to do with this horrendous decision, I for one am not too proud to apologise for the stupidity and cruelty of our forefathers.

No comments:

Post a Comment