Sunday, June 20, 2010

The River Of Faith

Make a statement to your Lord,
Show your faith in him.
Declare your goals as certain fact,
And not a worldly whim.

I will succeed, my path is set,
I will improve my walk.
I will utilise my spiritual gifts,
I will clean up my talk.

I am a worthy, humble servant,
I am the Father’s child.
I am saved and clean of heart,
I am of spirit meek and mild.

I live to bless others out of love,
And God who provides, blesses me.
I always give readily of what is mine,
For the Lord owns all that I see.

God wants us to have sufficient,
Not just scrape by day to day.
So be like him with gifts and blessing,
And in the black your sure to stay.

So jump in the river of faith my friends,
And God will know what’s best.
If you believe then speak it out,
Then let God do the rest.

AUTHORS NOTE:
We should all remember to focus on the end result rather than worry about how we are going to get there. Show God that we have faith by taking positive steps to achieve the goal and let him do his work. But in order to receive things from God we have to take steps to act more like him. I’m not saying that we should act like God’s, but we must show him that we are working on trying to be more like him, especially in the areas of blessing and giving. God will not give to someone who refuses to give happily to others. Once we are acting more like our Father rather than the enemy, then we can jump into that river of faith knowing that God will without fail do his work for our benefit.

No comments:

Post a Comment